Friday, May 18, 2007

The Friendly Flyer

His name was Dean. He's from Texas and headed to North Carolina to drive his daughter home from college. He's single, has 2 girls, works for a company drafting, has a large home on a 10-acre plot of land, sponsored a German foreign exchange student last year (who wants to be a pilot), went on a ski trip to Breckenridge, Colorado this winter, and so on. The typical story of the friendly flyer. Not only did Dean want to talk, he would kindly tap me on the shoulder in the middle of my movie to do so. And of course, I would remove my head phones, smile, and nod politely. Dear Dean. As personal space is already a nonexistent commodity aboard aircraft, I am not sorry to see you go. Fly home to Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's funny. Oh the funny experiences that you can have while flying. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...