Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Intervention emails?

I opened my inbox this morning to find emails from the National Body Challenge and MHealthy Wellness Assessments, the U of M's health program. One had the subject heading, "Why We're Fat." Talk about a slap in the face from the great beyond. Included was the following quote by Thomas Jefferson:

"We never repent of having eaten too little."

Harsh. I suppose that means we should repent for eating too much. I won't do it. But I am going to the gym. The mystical powers of the internet and email were too perfectly timed to disregard. And I repeat, harsh.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...I repent of having eaten too little when my stomach growls in the middle of church and everyone turns around and looks at me. That's pretty much the only time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jefferson was a famous epicure. He went bankrupt because of the amount of money he spent on food and wine, among other frivolities. His cook he had trained in the French style when he was Ambassador to France.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...